As approved by the University Senate at its 427th Meeting (Extraordinary) held on Thursday, 19th January, 2017, the University of Port Harcourt will resume for the 2016/2017 session on Sunday, 29th January, 2017.
Lectures will begin for all Students (Freshers and Returning) on Monday, 30th January, 2017.
Procedures for Registration for the 2016/2017 Session:
Step 1: Payment of School Charges
- Pay School Charges at Appointed Banks respective College/Faculty/School.
- Print out your payment receipt online.
- Update your Fees Pass Book with the College Accountant/Finance Officer of the College/Faculty/School.
Step 2: Register Courses Online
- Contact the Head of Department and/or Academic Adviser to confirm the courses you should register.
- Register courses online as advised.
- Print out course registration forms.
Step 3: Submit underlisted documents to the Head of Department and the College Secretary/Faculty Officer, respectively
- Online Payment Receipt.
- Completed Online course registration form.
- The Registration Exercise for the First Semester, of the 2016/2017 session will end on Friday, 10th March, 2017.
- Only registered persons are bona-fide students of the College; after which online course registration forms are tendered and accepted by Head of Department.
- In line with the decision of the Senate of the University, any student who fails to register within the period stipulated for registration will be deregistered for that session, and the maximum length of time allowed for the course of study would still be enforced.
- Bona-fide Students: those who have paid their School Charges up to the 2015/2016 session, should check their results online. Those yet to see the result(s) of the examinations in the courses they took in previous session(s)/semester(s) should report in writing stating the Course Code(s); Course Title(s); Semester(s) and Session(s) in which the examinations were taken, to their respective Heads of Department, and forward a copy of such letter to the Provost/Dean of the College/Faculty/School, for immediate action.
- For those who choose to pay their School Charges in two installments; only register online your First Semester Courses now. You are therefore required to register your Second Semester Courses online and print out the Form within six (6) weeks of resumption for the Second Semester of the 2016/2017 Session.